Cherry Oat Biscuits
• 170g margarine
• 140g brown sugar
• 1 beaten egg
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
• 280g self raising flour
• 56g of oats
• As usual you’ll need to preheat your oven. This time to 180°C / 350°F / Gas mark 4.
• Use some extra margarine to grease 2 fairly large baking trays.
• In a mixing bowl beat the margarine till it’s, well buttery smooth.
• To the beaten margarine add the sugar, egg, vanilla extract & flour until all is well mixed.
• Next, make the mixture into roughly heaped tablespoon sized balls & roll these in oats.
• Put these on your trays & pat down a little, before adding half a cherry on each.
• Bake in the centre of your oven for 15 - 20 minutes.