Chocolate & Vanilla Marbled Loaf
For basic sponge:
• 5 eggs
• 250g self raising flour*
• 250ml vegetable oil*
• 250g granulated sugar*
See method for details.
For vanilla sponge:
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For chocolate sponge:
• 4 teaspoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
• 50ml milk
• Line your lovely loaf tin with a loaf liner or alternatively baking parchment.
• Crack your 5 eggs into a bowl & then weigh them.
• Then add the same weight of each flour, oil & sugar. Mix for a few minutes with an electric whisk or mixer until it forms a smooth mixture.
• Next, divide the mixture in two, gently folding the vanilla extract into one half & the cocoa powder and milk into the other.
• After that, place a large spoonful of the chocolate mixture into your lined loaf tin, followed by another large spoon full of vanilla mixture.
• Keep alternating between the two mixtures until it has all been used.
• In our experience, disturbing the mixture other than placing it into the tin results in less defined mix between colours.
• Bake for 70 - 90 minutes until a cake tester comes out clean from the centre. Let the cake cool for 20 minutes before you remove it from the tin.
• Then simply slice & eat. Delicious!