Chocolate & Beetroot Brownies
• 250g Raw beetroot, trimmed.
• 200g plain chocolate.
• 250g butter.
• 250g golden caster sugar.
• 3 large eggs.
• 150g self-raising flour.
• Pop the beetroot in a pan of cold water & bring to the boil.
• Simmer for 30 minutes, then drain and cool.
• Puree the beetroot until smooth.
• Preheat your oven to 180°C / 160°C Fan Assisted / Gas Mark 4.
• Line a 9-10 inch square cake tin with baking paper.
• Melt the chocolate & butter in a bowl over a pan of boiling water. Leave to cool slightly.
• Whisk the eggs & the sugar together until the mix is lighter in colour.
• Whisk in the chocolate.
• Fold in the flour & then the beetroot.
• Pour the mixture into the tin & bake for 40-45 minutes until your cake tester comes out clean.
• Leave to cool before cutting into squares.